Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Fall of the House of Lavan

I spoke with Reb Lazer Brody today. I told him about my writer's block, and how I have swung from one situation of high anxiety to another over the last month. He has set me straight with a strong dose of emunah and bitachon (faith and trust in HaShem). Somehow everything that is pressing on me at this time will work itself out if I connect to the Infinite. I have decided to press onwards before people start pelting me with stones for my absence. I have decided to press onwards, but first of all I want to apologize to my readers for my delays in writing. I have promised, and I have not delivered. I will try to rectify this now. I am going to the States for three weeks in about ten days to visit my family. What a time to be going, just before the onset of the intensification of Gog UMagog here in Eretz Yisrael. During that three week hiatus I will hardly be able to write anything extensive. So I better write now.

The principle thing to remember at this time is that our greatest key towards success during our final teshuvah efforts before the world turns topsy-turvey is emunah and bitachon. It is the key to happiness when so much that we think that we can control is turning upside down. It is also the key to our ultimate ability to function on all of our cylinders when the external circumstances in our lives do not go our way and spiral out of our control. I will try to implement this more on a personal level and remind others that as chaos begins to reign even in "stable" America, you will need to start functioning like Israelis who live with chaos on a daily basis. For instance, we are now in the throes of one our annual rites of passage, this year's week-long postal strike. As the dollar continues to plummet, I am sure that Americans will soon need to adjust to their new Israeli life-style. Better do it with emunah and bitachon than do it like the unhealthy Israeli who does without such ties to his Creator.

Enough said. How has the Full Remembrance of Ya'akov affected you? You are probably saying that it seems like nothing permanent has really changed. If you said this you would be really wrong and out of tune with your spiritual environment. You might say that the British hostages were let go, and the crisis with Iran petered out into a whimper. Yet, if you think for one minute that the British are going back to life as it existed before the capture of their seamen, you would be wrong. To understand what is happening we must consult the Zohar on this subject on a page that this blogsite has often quoted before. Back toVaYera 119a.

Rav Shimon discusses the following verse: 'And I will remember my covenant with Ya'akov and also my covenant with Yitzkhak, and also my covenant with Avraham will I remember, and I will remember the Land (of Israel)' (Lev. 26:42). "The name Ya'akov," he said, "is written in full with a letter Vav. For what reason? In the first place as an allusion to the grade of Wisdom, the realm where Ya'akov dwells. But the chief reason is because the passage speaks of the exile of Israel, intimating that the redemption of Israel will come about through the mystic force of the letter Vav, namely, in the 6th millenium, and, more precisely, after six seconds and a half thereof. In several previous writings including the Seceret of the Vav in Hashem's name, I discussed with you how that year was 5666 (1906), more precisely on the Seventh Day of Pesach after noon. The historical event of that year was the establishment of Seudat HaMashiach on the last day of Pesach, which outside the land of Israel is the eighth day of Pesach. This establishment was by the Rebbe Reshab of Lubavitch.

More in short, but frequent spurts, G-d willing, bli neder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you see a kesher between the Va tech shooting in the US and the failure of the bombing in Tel aviv, the casualties for the shooting is roughly what a car bomb would have taken. Nobody knows why after making it all the way to Tel Aviv the bomber turned aroundand blew himself up in Kalkilyia, hand of Hashem... Is America to take all the hits aimed at us now?

4/18/2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Hershel said...

I'm curious as to your title of "The Fall of The House of Lavan"....?????

4/19/2007 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home